Lantern Chess a Java Chessclub.com Interface
Software for playing on the Internet Chess Club - on Mac Linux and Windows
Download Version: Lantern 5.61
In App Stores - Lantern iOS
and Lantern on Android
Author Mike Adams @PulsarMike on Twitter
Want to Show Support, Link to this Page or Mention Us
Questions, suggestions: email LanternBugs at gmail. For help Lantern Manual
|Click the Lantern Chess Screenshot For Full Size
| Customizable board colors, fonts, and board window.
|Many Boards and Pieces to Choose
|Crazyhouse and Bughouse support
|Activities Window with seeks, notify and events list
|Chess Engine Analysis in Interface
Client or Interface for ICC that works on Mac, Linux and Windows
Lantern is a free open source interface to ICC. Chessclub.com requires a user download a client or interface to connect to the server.
- Load chess engines such as Stockfish(stockfishchess.org/download/) for analysis
- Send parameters to UCI Engines - Chess Engine Analysis
- Open Pgn, logs the played games to PGN, can optionally log all observed games to pgn
- Over a dozen board and piece choices for use in online play. Customize board colors and font sizes - tabbed chess board with simul support and board console(which can be moved to side of board for largest board
- Both multi console and chat tabs supported - can group multiple channels on tabs - can have a different font on each tab -
Set every channel and text color - Set a main application wallpaper or background color
- User buttons - Notify window - toolbar with easy access to Activities window, seek graph and top games window - Pool buttons(such as 5-minute) on toolbar
- supports all wild variants on ICC including crazyhouse(only Mac interface to support crazyhouse), checkers and bughouse -- had a piece pallette in examine mode to set up chess positions - make circles and arrows while examining
- Select names in consoles or on board for a menu of context commands such as looking at the players profile, history or library, challenging them or observing them
- Actions menu to show users recent game, library or adjourned games, look at users profile, enter examination mode, examine last game, show rating graphs,
Here is a collection of .b2a ASCII files that can be used with Lantern's Scripter
Lantern is a Java Interface to ICC
Install Java if not installed to use Lantern. Java can be off in web browsers. Java is no longer installed by default on Mac.
Lantern Chess can be used for a free trial on chessclub.com. See validating
a PayPal trial if you do not allready have an account. There is a temporary hold by ICC of $0.01 in order to validate. Lantern Software is free.
Of interest, project contributor Andrey,
my BlitzIn plugins
Lantern is a GPL program. Unzip the same jar file you downloaded to get at Source Code and License.